LOOK GOOD. FEEL GOOD.
Nia is the art of movement the body’s way. Nia is a cardio-dance workout, a movement practice, and lifestyle based on the intelligent design of the body. Every person can discover, explore, unleash, and enhance their individual potential to live a healthy and meaningful life by engaging their senses and listening to their bodies. A Nia workout tones your mind and tunes your body, each workout brings mindfulness to your dance movement experience leaving you energized, mentally clear, and emotionally balanced. Nia cardio-dance workouts combine 52 simple moves with dance arts, martial arts, and healing arts to get you fit in 60 minutes – body, mind, emotion, and spirit. Practiced barefoot, Nia is non-impact, and adaptable to individual needs and abilities. Classes are taught by licensed Nia teachers.
Wendy du Plessis is a qualified Nia instructor who lives in Nelspruit but teaches classes in White River. These are held at the Sheffield Yoga Studio at 18h00 on Monday nights.
Contact her on 084 782 3571
What is Nia?
- Fast Facts
- Nia was created in 1983 by Debbie Rosas and Carlos AyaRosas
- Since 1983, Nia has helped more than 100,000 people get in their body
- Nia is a non-impact movement practice based on the idea that through movement we find health
- Nia combines movements and philosophies from martial arts, dance arts and healing arts
- Nia practice is done barefoot and set to diverse music from around the world
- Classes are taught in more than 45 countries – there are currently 2500 licensed Nia teachers
- Becoming a Nia teacher involves taking 4 intensive trainings that teach a total of 52 somatic principles for physical health and lifestyle well-being
- Nia Trainings are offered in countries around the world by an international training faculty
See more information at https://nianow.com/