Their vision is simple – to see a town that is clean, well maintained, prosperous, stable and which provides an environment in which old and young alike can thrive.
WRRA’s mission is to involve as many of the Town’s residents and ratepayers in the development of the Town. To do this they need input on what the residents want, support for what they are doing, action on reporting service problems and participation in WRRA activities.
White River Ratepayers Association is a dedicated team of residents determined to keep White River a pleasant place to live in. Their aim is to act on behalf of residents of White River when changes and developments put upon them are not seen as satisfactory.
To do this, they need the backing of the citizens of White River and invite all residents and ratepayers to pay the minimal annual membership fee of R180 and join the Association.
Some of the issues WRRA has taken up are:
- The Council’s proposal for a high density township next to a low density suburb is not seen as sensible
- Similarly the introduction of about 4000 more inhabitants into the town without a new school is foolhardy
- By the same token water supply and sewage facilities should be properly run and maintained by experienced and qualified staff, to cope with increased off take and usage.
- The WRRA urges the Council that the maintenance of (all-be-it) ageing infrastructure should be planned and implemented
- The WRRA alerts the Council via our hard working Ward Councillor regarding road damage, leaking pipes, overflowing manholes, etc.
- The WRRA is alert to the necessity to use water sparingly and is urging residents to be sensible.
The WRRA acts when such issues are raised. They also put forward proposals to the Council during the regular meetings with Council officials and work closely with the newly formed White River branch of Afriforum.
The Association sends out regular newsletters, keeping members in touch with what’s happening out and about White River, and are very active in any town activities. An exciting proposal they have made to Council is the establishment of Artists in the Park at the Ronnie Bester Park.
We Are White River encourages residents and business to be actively involved in positive developments in White River, we are firm believers that constructive growth improves quality of living for us all.
Cell: 083 659 6296 – Simon Evered