A smile is our best asset and we love to see plenty of smiles in White River, so we’ve gathered some tips to keep your gnashers healthy and bright.
- Fluoride is your friend. Make sure your toothpaste and mouthwash contains it.
- Smoking, coffee, red wine and tea stain your teeth. Try and brush after each cup or ciggie.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use an anti-bacterial mouthwash to reduce plaque build-up
- Don’t brush your teeth too hard or vigorously – you’ll damage your gums.
- Brush using a circular motion at a 45-degree angle to sweep under the gum line.
- Replace your brush regularly – if the bristles are falling out or frayed, it’s time for a new one.
- Dairy is highly recommended for a flawless smile. Calcium builds up tooth enamel for stronger teeth.
- Foods requiring a lot of chewing are great for teeth and gums. Crunchy foods help to brush off plaque build up and extra saliva is produced when chewing. Spinach, beans, apples, celery are healthy and tooth friendly.
- Sugar is NOT your healthy smile friend. Satisfy your ‘sweet tooth’ with sweets that are quick to chew and swallow, instead of sticky ones that hang around your mouth. Try and restrict sugary snacks to once a day and brush afterwards.
Did you know?
- The hardest part of the human body is the enamel on the top surface of the tooth
- Flossing cleans 40% of the tooth surfaces. Don’t skip this step!
- Tongue prints, like fingerprints, are unique.
- Your mouth contains around 300 types of bacteria.
- Dentistry dates back to 7000BC.
Regular dental check ups and daily care are essential for that sparkling smile. To find a White River dentist, visit our webpage.