A bunch of smiling faces greets one as one enters the dental practice of Dr Kasa at White River Country Square. Dr Mieke Geldenhuys, the new dental associate is one of these friendly faces and it makes going to the dentist much less scary!
Dr Geldenhuys joined Dr Kasa a few months ago and she loves living in White River after having spent a lot of time in the UK. She studied at the University of Newcastle and worked at various practices as well as trauma units there. She is registered to practice both in the UK and South Africa. Her father was also a dentist in the UK and she’s been wanting to become a dentist ever since she can remember. She says that her dad’s practice was always a happy, friendly place and that’s the feeling she wants to create in her practice as well.
Mieke’s focus is on teeth whitening, general check-ups, crowns and dentures and she has a quick turnaround time for both. She wants to make the dental experience as comfortable as possible for everyone, but especially for children. Her kind, approachable demeanour helps with any anxieties children may have and her support staff help to make the patients comfortable and to put their minds at ease. The practice is contracted with most medical aids so that is one less thing to worry about. Mieke always goes the extra mile for her patients and makes sure they understand the procedures and when to come for follow-up visits.
We Are White River visited the practice a few weeks ago and Dr Geldenhuys gave us some tips while we were there:
- When brushing your teeth, don’t rinse with water afterwards. Just spit out the toothpaste. This helps to protect your teeth
- Mouth wash shouldn’t be used after brushing teeth rather in the middle of the day
- Flossing is very important. You must do it every day to protect your teeth against cavities
- Visit the dentist every 6 months – prevention is better than cure
- The app called Brush DJ is very useful for children (and adults mind you) as it plays a song for the whole time you’re supposed to brush your teeth and also tells you when to move to the next section; lower left, lower right, upper right, upper left etc.
We are glad to have another dentist in town, one that the kiddies will love! Find them at Country Square. Contact them for an appointment today.
Tel: 013 750 2244