Happy New Year White River! We hope that 2019 will be a great year for our community. We had a busy and exciting 2018 and this year is going to be full of new developments for We Are White River and the “We Are” brand.
We are committed to White River and helping the community work together for the benefit of the town. We hope to do this by:
- Promoting the town and region as a tourist destination
- Celebrating excellence and new initiatives
- Connecting people, organisations and ideas.
- Helping businesses to grow
Our key pillars remain social, environmental & economic resilience. The town will thrive if we are able to bounce back from the many challenges that are thrown at us in these three areas.
We Are White River supports a positive approach to life and connects with the community in a number of ways.
- Our active Facebook page has over 8000 followers. Here we promote our members, inform people of what’s going on, share interesting ideas, pictures and stories of the people of White River.
- Our informative web page tells the world about White River and provides a platform for interesting articles about the region and a range of topics, including community, the environment, White River history and people. There is also a directory of local organisations.
- We shall be re-launching our popular and useful WR App for smartphones in the near future.
- Our calendar and weekly “What’s on” posts on Facebook keep locals and visitors informed of what’s happening in and around White River.
- WR Conversations have provided opportunities to get together and discuss a range of relevant topics. We have at times included interesting guest speakers. We are going to have at least 4 of these in 2019.
- Membership of We Are White River is a way local organisations can participate in supporting White River and benefit from exposure on line.
Benefits of Membership
Premium listing on our directories
Article about what you do on our website and shared & boosted on Facebook.
If relevant to regional tourism, articles will also be shared on our WR Travel platforms.
Discount voucher for Simply Slowveld on joining
Publicity for your special events
Opportunity for you to submit blogs for the website that will be interesting and informative for the White River community.
Does your business have a good story?
Our work has led us to appreciate the value of on-line word of mouth for growing and sustaining businesses. WR Connect helps you engage with your customers where they are. This is especially important for small businesses outside the major centres that need a broader customer base to thrive.
Our work in White River has helped us understand how important it is for businesses to be online and to get assistance with social media. We keep an eye on the rapidly changing world of social media, whilst at the same time providing solutions that are appropriate to your needs and resources.